|Subject: Re: The View from Washington Official Statements from THO Report ( per Halil's Request-View of President and President Candidates)|
|Date: 05/08/16 11:39|
|CC: =?utf-8?Q?Halil_=C4=B0brahim_Dan=C4=B1=C5=9Fmaz?= <email@example.com>, Serhat Albayrak <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
"Contribute to opponents of congressmen who they brought to Turkey
Send info to their opponents
Let them do the work...
"Did you know Congressman XYZ took an all-expenses paid trip to Turkey, sponsored by this man..." [video of fg fainting, followers crying] "wanted in Turkey for terrorism?"
Proposed strategy: Call all opponents of congressmen running for office who have been paid by the gulenists/taken trips to Turkey. Send info about Gulen [cost: 3 days time for 2 staffers + $500 in postage]
In close races make contributions to opponents if they sign a letter denouncing Gulen and asking the state department for his extradition. If they don't go to the incumbent Congressmen. [cost 20-30k thousand per race]
In 3 months, we will have lost this opportunity"5 Ağu 2016 4:11 ÖÖ tarihinde "Halil Danismaz" <email@example.com> yazdı:FYI
Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:From: Ali Cinar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: August 1, 2016 at 1:34:54 PM EDT
To: Halil Danismaz <email@example.com>, M THO <A@turkheritage.org>, Sevilay Kaya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Baha Erbas <email@example.com>
Subject: The View from Washington Official Statements from THO Report ( per Halil's Request-View of President and President Candidates)
The View from Washington Official Statements
• First Press Release (July 15 7:00pm EST)- The President spoke tonight by phone with Secretary of State John Kerry to discuss the events in Turkey. The President and Secretary agreed that all parties in Turkey should support the democratically-elected Government of Turkey, show restraint, and avoid any violence or bloodshed. The Secretary underscored that the State Department will continue to focus on the safety and security of U.S. citizens in Turkey. The President asked the Secretary to continue to keep him updated as the situation unfolds.
• Presidents Obama and Pena Nieto Press Conference (July 22) - Even opponents of President Erdogan pushed back hard against the idea that the military should overthrow a democratically elected government…
Any reports that we had any previous knowledge of a coup attempt, that there was any US involvement in it, that we were anything other than entirely supportive of Turkish democracy, are completely false, unequivocally false…
We can't discount how scary and shaken not just the Turkish government is, but Turkish society is. Imagine if you had some group of military officials here in the United States who started flying off with F-16s or other artillery and were taking shots at government buildings, and people were killed and injured. People would be scared and rightfully so...
We will continue to work with Turkey even as they try to stabilize the situation. Our base at Incirlik, from which we are going after ISIL hard, is up and running again, and we continue to work with them to make sure that we don't lose momentum that we've built…
What I said to President Erdogan is the same thing I would say to you and anybody else who asks, which is that we have a process here in the United States for dealing with extradition requests made by foreign governments, and it's governed by treaties and by laws, and it's not a decision that I make.
• Press Conference (July 15 ~5:00pm EST) - I hope there will be stability and peace and continuity within Turkey, but I have nothing to add to with respect to what has transpired at this moment.
• Press Conference (July 16 Morning) - The United States, without any hesitation, squarely and unequivocally, stands for democratic leadership, for the respect for a democratically elected leader, and for a constitutional process in that regard…We stand by the government of Turkey.
• Press Conference (July, 18) - “We will certainly support bringing the perpetrators of the coup to justice, but we also caution against a reach that goes well beyond that. And stress the importance of the democratic rule being upheld.”
Deputy Spokesman at the State Department
• Press Conference on Gulen Extradition - I am not in position at this point in time to judge whether [the documents sent by Turkey] constitute a formal extradition request. There’s a well-defined process in place that govern these types of actions.
The U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen.
• Press Conference (July 26) - “It’s an absurd report that General Campbell would be involved with something like that. He’s a personal friend and I happen to know that right now he’s doing a lot of things, and one of them is not planning a coup inside of Turkey. I really don’t know where that report could have come from…My counterpart has reached out to me twice in the past week to assure me that they were still committed to the counter-ISIL campaign and to our broader partnership. Operations have in almost all manners returned to normal in terms of the operations we’re conducting from Turkey,”
U.S. Central Command Commander Gen.
• Aspen Security Forum (July 28) - A number of the U.S. military’s closest allies in the Turkish military have now been placed in jail following the coup attempt.
We’ve certainly had relationships with a lot of Turkish leaders, military leaders in particular. I’m concerned about what the impact is on those relationships as we continue.
Democratic Presidential Nominee
• Twitter (July 15) - I am following the fast-moving developments in Turkey tonight with great concern. We should all urge calm and respect for laws, institutions, and basic human rights and freedoms – and support the democratically elected civilian government. All parties should work to avoid further violence and bloodshed, and the safety of American citizens and diplomatic missions must be ensured.
**** Turkish-Americans arent happy w Hillary since she has some connection with Gulen Group.Her relationship has started with Gulen Group since 2007. Her Foreign Policy Team has been informed regarding FETO issue and looking forward this team influence Hillary. Turkish-Americans continue to speak and educate the Hillary Team regarding this case.
**** If Hillary wins, She will continue President Obama's policy therefore US Dept of Justice has a critical role on this matter. Both Obama and Hillary's Teams are asking the evidences regarding the failed coup but process would take time to make a final decision.
Republican Presidential Nominee
• Interview with the New York Time (July 21) - The coup never took place—the coup was not successful, and based on the fact, and I give great credit to [Erdogan] for being able to turn that around… I don’t think [the coup-attempt was staged], but I do give great credit to him for turning it around. You know, the first hour, it seemed like it was over. Then all of a sudden, and the amazing thing is the one that won that was the people. They came out on the streets, and the army types didn’t want to drive over them like they did in Tiananmen Square when they sort of drive them over, and that was the end of that. Right? People said, I’m not going to drive over people. The people came out of their homes, and they were not in favor of what the military was doing. So that was quite impressive from the standpoint of existing government… I think right now when it comes to civil liberties, our country has a lot of problems, and I think it’s very hard for us to get involved in other countries when we don’t know what we are doing and we can’t see straight in our own country…